Australian student visa rejection reasons
A Student Visa is granted or refused by the Department of Home Affairs on certain grounds after an international student applies for a visa.
Student Visa Rejection: A Disappointing Situation that Should Not Happen to You
Visa application form must be filled in properly, required documents must be attached, and submitted in due time with the visa application fee to the department.
Student visa rejection
Table of Contents
- Student visa rejection
- Possible reasons why student visa applications are refused
- Financial requirements as stated in the list of conditions.
- English language fluency
- Academic qualification.
- The validity of the documents attached to the application.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant conditions of the student.
- Admissions to a CRICOS certified education provider in Australia.
- Adequate preparation for the embassy interview.
- Changing type of the course
- Proper arrangement of the documents
Many unfortunate students get a regret mail stating that their visa has been rejected by the immigration authority. A possible reason is also mentioned by the authorities. Time, effort, and money are lost. Moreover, the students may find it hard to get their career back in shape.
Let this not happen to you. Seek advice and help from our certified education counselors to post a complete filled-up form.
Possible reasons why student visa applications are refused
When the immigration authorities find out that the visa application does not meet stipulated conditions, it cancels or rejects the application. There can be more than one reason for such rejection. Some reasons are as follows:
Visa application does not support…
Financial requirements as stated in the list of conditions.
- Financial credibility to support tuition expenses and living expenses.
- Proof of funds must be shown as well.
English language fluency
This condition is meant for students coming from non-English speaking countries.
- The English-as-Second-Language (ESL) students must qualify for IELTS or equivalent test and get the required score and prove their proficiency in the language.
- Students must successfully complete the required level to study further in Australia.
The validity of the documents attached to the application.
- Fraudulent documents will be rejected. A complete list of documents must be attached as per visa checklist as well.
- Statement of Purpose and Financial Declaration letter must be attached.
Genuine Temporary Entrant conditions of the student.
- The Department officer must understand that the student is visiting Australia with the sole purpose to study and not for entering Australia for permanent residency.
- Study record, immigration history, a reason to study a particular course, and many more factors are assessed.
Admissions to a CRICOS certified education provider in Australia.
- Students must pay tuition fees to get Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from an institute.
Adequate preparation for the embassy interview.
- Reasons must be firmly stated for visiting Australia. Future career option may also be asked during the interview. Preparation is a must to get approved by visa officials.
Changing type of the course
- A change in the course and provider can help students get their visa. However, the student needs sometimes apply again.
Proper arrangement of the documents
- Documents must certify the information stated in the form.
Have a clear intention about what you want to do by visiting Australia. If you are not genuine in studying, your visa application is liable to get rejected. Past problems are also an issue as students must have a good character and health certificate to get their visa sanctioned.
Once rejected, don’t worry. You can try again. However, it is advisable to seek help from a legal expert, such as migration agent to do the job for you. We’re here to help. Contact us or book a consultation to discuss further steps.