At Nowak Migration we believe in being open and upfront with our clients about legal fees. In an effort to aid transparency we have created this section of our website to discuss and disclose those things that client’s really want to know about legal fees.
At Nowak Migration, we charge for the professional work we do in assisting clients to resolve their Australian Visa issues. In some circumstances we are willing to enter into flexible payment options for the benefit of our clients but please note payments must be made on time and that we do not work for free.
Initial Telephone Discussions
Table of Contents
- Initial Telephone Discussions
- The standard process we go through when discussing fees
- Booking Fee for Appointments
- The typical payment arrangement we have with our clients
- Fees and Disbursements
- First Consultation
- Flexible Payment Options
- Costs Agreements
- Client Account
- Online Payment Gateway
- Legal Aid
We do not charge fees for preliminary discussions with any client or prospective client where the matter can be dealt straight away and the answer might be given immediately. Apart from that all of our fees and charges are listed on our website for the areas in which we work. We issue detailed Fee Schedules in all matters following the first consultation.
Lump sum fees are opaque and the client never really knows what they are paying for providing the agent with the opportunity to take shortcuts which are sometimes not in the client’s best interests.
The standard process we go through when discussing fees
- After Nowak Migration receives an inquiry, we respond and make an initial assessment of the visa problem to see whether it requires further action. Discuss future fees moving forward and applicable rates.
- Meet with client and discuss nature of the case as well as options available to them.
- Acquaint client with costs issues in their matter and future events that may increase or decrease their fees.
- Issue client with an Agreement so the client knows exactly what will be done for them and an estimate of how much everything will cost. This document protects client as it sets out their rights and obligations in plain English.
- Inform client of our client account details so they can deposit an agreed amount into the firm’s client account so we may commence work.
- Once these documents are signed and returned to Nowak Migration as well as depositing money into our client account we commence work on your matter and you are on your way to having your visa matter dealt with.
Where clients are seeking to minimise costs we will encourage them to complete tasks of a non-legal nature which subsequently reduces the overall cost.
Booking Fee for Appointments
We charge an online booking fee of $150 prior to any attendance for an appointment at any of our locations. This fee will be deducted from the fee charged when you attend for that appointment. You can book a consultation online here.
The typical payment arrangement we have with our clients
- In the initial conference and after, your migration agent will discuss with you the likely cost of pursuing your migration matter and will issue you with an Agreement in which this estimate is formalized.
- Your Migration Agent will then request that you make a deposit into our Client account in accordance with what has been agreed and work may commence on your matter.
- Invoices are typically issued after part of the work has been completed and we require the client to maintain a sufficient balance in the client account to cover the costs incurred on your behalf.
- Once an invoice is issued a transfer from the client account will occur to pay the outstanding invoice.
Fees and Disbursements
Our costs are made up of fees for work done together with disbursements or out of pocket expenses which we incur on your behalf which are set out in agreement. These expenses are fully itemised to ensure that you are aware of the nature and extent of the expenses incurred on your behalf. Nothing is hidden, everything is transparent.
The first consultation must always be paid for unless otherwise agreed.
Flexible Payment Options
At Nowak Migration, we offer a number of payment options for our clients depending on the nature of their case and their finances.
In an effort to aid transparency with regards to fees we have included a copy of our standard Costs that we offer to clients at the commencement of their visa matter. These costs may be subject to change depending on a client’s individual circumstances.
A client account is an account maintained by professionals for the purpose of holding other peoples money “on account” for another purpose.
At Nowak Migration, we use a client account to allow our clients to deposit money with us in anticipation of future visa related costs.
Online Payment Gateway
To assist our clients, Nowak Migration is able to process payments online.
Always make sure that you need a Migration Agent before you retain one as quality professional advice and service do not come cheaply. Our view is that Migration Agents should rarely be retained in small matters and only where the subject matter is such that it requires their involvement. We have posted some content which may assist you in this regard.
We do not do legal aid work.