Education in Australia

education-in-australia classroom

Know the current state of education in Australia

Education in Australia. Do you know that Australia — the only continent-island country in the world — serves as the proud home of seven (let us repeat it: seven) universities that occupy the top 100 on the list of the prestigious QS world university rankings?

In case you don’t know it, QS, which stands for Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), is the acknowledged authority in rating the world’s universities.  It is a British company named after its founders Nunzio Quacquarelli and Matt Symonds.

Yes, Australia has not only one, two or three universities on its enviable top 100 list, but seven!  That’s quite a feat to emulate.

The country’s reputation, however, as a veritable powerhouse when it comes to high standard global education is always eclipsed by the United Kingdom because of Cambridge University and Oxford University, or by the United States because of the “usual suspects” like Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), or even by its tiny neighbor Singapore because of National University of Singapore (NUS) or Nanyang Technological University (NTU).

But having seven universities in the top 100 of the QS World University Ranking is certainly nothing to sneeze at.  We do not even mention here another 10 universities that are in the top 300 — while the rest are continuously improving their spots in the ranking.

Indeed, the state of education in Australia has never been better.

Top universities in Australia

Here are the top 10 universities in Australia:

  • Australian National University (ANU)
  • University of Melbourne
  • University of New South Wales (UNSW)
  • University of Queensland (UQ)
  • University of Sydney
  • Monash University
  • University of Western Australia (UWA)
  • University of Adelaide
  • University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
  • University of Newcastle (UON)

We share the list with you to give you an idea where to pursue your course needed for Australian study requirement, which is quite important in your quest to obtain a General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visa or Graduate Temporary Visa subclass 485.

It might interest you to know also that the top universities Australia are scattered in many different parts of the vast country.  They are not concentrated in one or two cities, which is the usual situation in many countries where the best schools are located in the capital city.  In Australia, that’s not the case.  Click them in Google Maps or in any online map, for that matter, and you will see what we are talking about.

Why do we highlight this fact?  We simply want to tell you that you have always a choice where you want to study.  If you are not fond of the busy metropolis, you can always opt for a laidback environment, away from the hustle and bustle of an urban life but without compromising the quality of education that you will get.

If you, however, find your energy, happiness, and contentment in city living, you can also enroll in prestigious schools in Sydney, Melbourne or other big cities.

We say: In Australia, you always have a choice of either world.

Follow us on facebook if you like it here, so you’ll be first to know about updates on the page.

Other enticing perks while studying in Australia

The list of benefits from getting an education in Australia does not end there.  It offers much more.

Chief among them is your safety and security here.  While several nations of the world – be they big and small, developed or underdeveloped, “First World” or “Third World” — are grappling with safety problems posed by various forms of global threats that we always hear from the news, the land Down Under seems immune from them.  Sure, there are incidents here and there at times, but they are mostly isolated cases rather than a part of the huge global movements to sow terror among the populace.

If you are the type of person who delights in sightseeing scenic places, Australia is cut out just for you.  It does not run out of picturesque tourist destinations to feast your eyes on and queer places to explore.  The Sydney Opera House, Ayers Rock (also known as Uluru), the Great Barrier Reef, Blue Mountains National Park and Kakadu National Park are just a few of them.

Studying in Australia likewise opens doors for you to know and interact with students of various culture, background, and nationality.  China, India, Malaysia, Nepal, and Vietnam constitute the top five countries that are the source of international students in Australia.

But this benefit tops them all: The country offers work options for you while you’re studying.  You have a choice to work mostly in retail, sales and telemarketing, agriculture and other industries that need more manpower.  After you will have completed your studies on a course that’s listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students or CRICOS, stable job opportunities await you.  Hence, not only can you profit from a world-class standard of education, you have the chance also to land a lucrative job in the country, which may even offer permanent residency for you and your dependents.

Australian student visas to choose from

Speaking of student visas in Australia, there are several types or subclasses for you to select depending on your needs and purpose in studying here.  The most basic Australian student visa is called, well, Student Visa (subclass 500).  This allows you to study full-time in a recognized university here.  There’s also what we call Training Visa (subclass 407) which allows you to participate in structured workplace-based training.

If you intend not to study but to take care of a student whose age is below 18 years old, you need to apply for Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).

There’s also Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) for you if you have finished your studies and wish to work in Australia temporarily.  This is considered a post-study work visa.

But a majority of those who finish a CRICOS-listed course really aim for any of the General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas.

Get an Australian education with the help of Nowak Migration

Like we mentioned just a while ago, there are several types of Australian student visa that are being offered by the Commonwealth government.  Some are almost the same as the others in terms of conditions, requirements, provisions and the like.  It would take an eagle-eyed expert of the industry to spot them and explain them to you.  Otherwise, if you do it on your own, you may fall into the trap of the legalese of the documents as well as on the fine prints, which are quite hard to decipher for the unskilled.

There’s always the danger of losing money, time and effort if you don’t do it right the first time.  Or worse, you may not even obtain a student visa at all.

This is where you need the guidance of a reputable migration agency like our firm Nowak Migration.

We take great pride in having assisted many applicants to acquire student visas, enroll in CRICOS-registered courses in recognized educational institutions in Australia, complete their courses and further obtain General Skilled Migration visas, which are their tickets to stable and well-paid occupations in a state or territory of their choice in the land of opportunities.

When you choose us, this we can guarantee to you: You always have a better chance of success in obtaining a student visa because we will tell you upfront if you have.  If you don’t, we recommend you not to go on with a losing proposition.

 If you so need it, we will be with you from the beginning until the end of the process.  That means we will take care of the processing of your student visa.  This alone involves other activities which are not easy for inexperienced individuals to accomplish.

First of all, you need to obtain an important document called confirmation of enrolment or COE.  This is an official document issued by recognized colleges and universities in Australia to international students like you.  We say this is extremely important because the Commonwealth government cannot grant you a student visa without it.

And even before you could get hold of the COE, you also need to pay your tuition and obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which we can also process on your behalf.

Before we forget, we also need to sit down to discuss General Temporary Entry (GTE) assessment.

Based on experience, we know you might have some concerns with accommodation and transportation.  Most international students that we have managed to bring here — especially those who have come to Australia for the first time — do.  Don’t lose sleep over these concerns: We have a pool of real estate agents and brokers as well as transportation service providers who are always at our beck and call to answer these needs.

From what we have discussed, so far, do you think getting an education in Australia is a walk in the park if you do it on your own?  Certainly not!  But that’s what Nowak Migration is here for – to make the process a breeze for you.

Call us now for more information or to book a consultation at (07) 3668 0658.

Do you have some comments, opinions or suggestions about our topic?  Please don’t hesitate to share them with us and our readers at the comments box below.