What can I do where I am being threatened by my ex-partner who has a history of violence towards me?

The proper course of action is to notify the police so that an AVO can be obtained.  This assists to protect you by placing certain restrictions on the offending person’s ability to approach or contact or communicate with the person so threatened by them.